Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Ssssssnakey!

Hey, everyone!

Funny story about this post. I totally thought I wrote it last night and scheduled it for today, aaaand it turns out I never wrote it at all. Until now! So keep reading to find out about this fun mani!


I've been wanting to try some snakeskin nails for a while now. I'm not sure why, I'm not really super big on snakeskin, but I thought it would be a good chance to do some cool double stamping! I also wanted to use some of my little triangle studs as teeth. Again, not sure why, but hey CREATIVITY!


I started with a base of China Glaze Agro - one of my very favorite green polishes. I painted this on all of my nails and waited for it to dry. Next, I double stamped a snakeskin-like pattern from the Messy Mansion stamping plate MM44. I know it's originally lace, but it reminded me of scales so there! First I stamped with Maybelline Go Go Green and then with China Glaze Mahogany Magic. I used my clear stamper from Born Pretty Store (still working on the review for that - COMING SOON!) to help overlap the images just a tiny bit. This gave a really cool 3D effect. On my ring finger, I used 4 tiny triangle studs to look like snake fangs at the tip and base of my ring finger.


So what do you think? Is this even close to snakeskin? I really like the duplicity of this look. In indirect light, you notice the green scale lines more, but in more direct light you see more of the dark lines. Watch the video below to see what I mean!


Materials Used
China Glaze Agro
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
Maybelline Go Go Green
Clear stamper
Messy Mansion MM44
Triangle studs

I'm eager to know what you all think of this, so be sure and let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment