Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Fancy Schmancy Birthday Nails!

Hey, everyone!

Today is my 23rd birthday! Hip hip huzzah! It's been a pretty good year, I suppose, but I'm hoping the next year of my life is even BETTER! Keep reading to learn about the nail art I did to celebrate!


I knew I wanted to do something a little extra special for my birthday nails, which for me means using some of my special polishes. You know, the ones that you feel are so special that you only use them on special occasions or very rarely? Yeah, those ones. I actually have quite a few of those so I narrowed it down to two. 


I started off with two coats of ILNP Bireferingence, one of my first indie polishes I ever owned, on all nails but my ring finger. On that nail I did two careful coats with Essie Good as Gold. When Birefringence was dry, I added a coat of Colors by Llarowe Davros on all of those nails. Next I stamped using GaG and Messy Mansion plate MM24 and Winstonia plate W108 to stamp some elegant feathers onto all nails but my ring finger. I sealed all of my nails with a top coat, and then used nail glue to add some iridescent rhinestones from Born Pretty Store to finish the design.


I absolutely love the way these turned out! Elegant, magical, and not too girly - just like me! I really wish I could've captured the color shift a little better but trust me when I say it is even more gorgeous in person.


Materials Used
ILNP Birefringence
Colors by Llarowe Davros
Essie Good as Gold
Stamping plate MM24
Stamping plate W108
Iridescent rhinestones

I can't believe I'm another year older. I still feel like a kid so much of the time! But here's to another year of life! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment