Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hooray for the Tigers!

Hey, everyone!

Today I am celebrating the fact that tigers are amazing and that a recent study has shown that their population in India has grown dramatically in recent years! Huzzah for the perseverance of species! Keep reading to find out more!



In case you haven't noticed by now, I really love tigers. I think they're majestic, fierce, and gorgeous, not to mention my college mascot was the Tigers! Plus my favorite color is orange. So when I recently read that the tiger population in India has increased by 30% since 2010, I was more than ecstatic! It makes me so so happy whenever any kind of animal comes back, even a little, from the brink of extinction. So I wanted to honor the wonderful tigers of India (and the wonderful people who organized their conservation efforts) with these fun nails.

I recently received another order from Born Pretty Store, which among other things contained these tiger water decals (design BLE580) and this stamping plate. I'd been wanting these water decals for a while, and I REALLY wanted the plate because it has such a good mix of basic patterns on it - none of which I have on other plates. For the start of these nails I painted two coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff on all my nails. Then I masked off my cuticles with my trusy liquid latex and used the marbling technique I learned from Swanette at Nailstamp4fun where you use a stamper instead of a ziplock bag. I have to say, this version of marbling is WAY easier and tidier than the other method! I marbled together MVIB, Sinful Colors Clementine, Essie Orange, It's Obvious!, and Jade Uau! using Swanette's method. Wow, so pretty and easy! Next I stamped with black polish and the tiger stripe design from my new stamping plate on my index and ring fingers, and used one of the tiger water decals on my middle finger. Finally I sealed everything in with a top coat. I absolutely adored these nails and every time I looked at them I was reminded of the wonderful tigers in India!


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire Is Buff
Sinful Colors Clementine
Essie Orange, It's Obvious!
Jade Uau!
Franken black stamping polish
BPS stamping plate L006
Tiger water decals
Liquid latex

What do you guys think of this look? I had a blast wearing it! Also, are you as excited as I am about the tigers in India right now? WOOHOO! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment